Position: Naval Architect
Marine Technical Limits (MTL) is the specialist integrity and repair management company, providing structural integrity management, on-station repair, naval architectural, and equipment solutions.
Our approach is to bring innovation to everything we do, whether that be integrity management or marine warranty surveying services. As part of continued growth of the business in both core and new areas, MTL are looking to recruit an enthusiastic degree qualified Naval Architect.
As a key part of the team, you will gain exposure to all our activities, enabling you to understand the “MTL Way”, our services, and build upon your core skills and knowledge. We are looking for enthusiastic, self-motivated, and practically minded candidates, who are keen to develop themselves, while learning and contributing to our service offering.
Successful candidates will have a strong desire to understand and solve problems. The role would suit a new graduate or recently qualified graduate looking to progress their career.The successful candidate must possess professional integrity and be able to work well within our multi-disciplined team environment.
As part of the team you will be involved in the following:
Structural integrity management of FPSO structures, including
- Developing and applying risk-based integrity management strategies
- Developing structural inspection scopes, including “hotspot” identification
- Assessment of anomalies and issuesoFitness for purpose structural assessments
- Onsite inspection of FPSOs in operation (UKCS + overseas)
- Dealing with Classification Societies / Regulators on behalf of Clients / Operators
Naval Architecture andMarine Consultancy
- Marine Warranty Surveying (MWS) services
- Stability assessments and consultancy
- Structural design and independent review
- Marine operational procedures and 3rd party review
The job will require onsite visits to site and offshore to undertake inspection activities in physically demanding conditions. You will be fit and possessor be able to undertake a UKOOA offshore medical and offshore survival training (BOSIET).
- Degree qualified (Naval Architecture)
- Looking to become a Chartered Engineer (or eligible)
- Good analytical skills
- Good report writing skills
- Good communication and interpersonal skillsThis is a staff position with an excellent remuneration package for the right candidate.
Location: This position is based at MTL’s premises in Kintore, Aberdeenshire.
Hours: Office hours Mon-Fri (37.5 hour working week).
Apply: To apply for this position, we would like to invite interested candidates to send their CV to the following email Paul Allan: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position: Equipment Technician
Marine Technical Limits (MTL) is the specialist FPSO integrity and repair management company, providing structural integrity management, on-station repair, naval architectural, and equipment solutions.
MTL is looking to recruit an enthusiastic Equipment Technician to support both our onshore warehouse activities, and offshore project activities.
As a key part of the team, you will gain exposure to all our workscopes, enabling you to understand the “MTL Way”, our services, and build upon your core skills and knowledge.
We are looking for enthusiastic, self-motivated, and practically minded candidates, who are keen to develop themselves, while learning and contributing to our service offering.
The successful candidate must be able to work well within our multi-disciplined team environment, both onshore and offshore. The job will require regular offshore trips as outlined below, in physically demanding conditions. You will be fit and possessor be able to undertake a UKOOA offshore medical and offshore survival training (BOSIET).
- Equipment maintenance, including mechanical and electrical maintenance of MTL’s proprietary Safe System of Work (SSOW) equipment
- General maintenance and repair of power tools and other small items of equipment (lighting, radios, extension cables etc.)
- Specification and procurement of tools, equipment, and consumables. Liaising with suppliers
- Stock control and general warehouse management/housekeeping activities
- Pre-mobilisation equipment preparation, including equipment setup, connection, and checks
- Container packing (and/or palletising items)
- Loading and offloading deliveries using forklift
- Preparation of shipping documentation and manifests
- Goods inward inspection and input into stock management software
- Preparation of goods out paperwork
- Participate in weekly project and/or warehouse meetings to discuss project needs, equipment status, mobilisation/demobilisation plans etc
- Ability to respond to deadlines and prioritise workload effectively
- Offshore mobilisation to UK and/or other Worldwide based FPSO facilities to support project execution
- Unloading project containers, configuring/commissioning SSOW equipment, and performing maintenance where required
- Managing offshore project equipment and consumables stock
- Standby person duties for confined space entry, including pre-entry checks
- Assistance to MTL Supervisors where required, including withdrawing permits, assisting with tool box talks, surface preparation activities, erecting habitats, and general maintenance activities etc
- Flexible to respond to project changes, including delays and scope change
- Familiar with repair and maintenance of workshop equipment and air/electrical power tools
- Semi-skilled work experience (mechanical and/or electrical experience)
- Familiarity with safe working practices in a workshop environment
- Good communication and interpersonal skills•Computer literate
- Organised and able to prioritise workload
- SVQ/NVQ level 3 qualified in relevant engineering discipline
- Experience of working in the offshore oil & gas environment
- Forklift driving experience
- BOSIET/FOET offshore survival training
- Offshore medical
- Minimum industry safety training (MIST)
- Cable glanding and installation practice competence training for Ex d, Ex e, Ex I and Ex nR components
- Hand torque bolted connection techniques training (MJI 10)
- OPITO stage 1 rigger training
- Dangerous goods training
- Familiar with engineering drawings/schematics
- Experience with hydraulic systems/equipment
- Welding experience (FCAW and/or SMAW)
- Confined space training
- First aid training
- Onshore: Kintore, Aberdeenshire
- Offshore: Primarily UK (North Sea), other Worldwide opportunities likely
- Office hours: Mon-Fri, 37.5 hour working week
- Offshore hours: 7 days a week, 12 hour working day. When offshore, you may be required to work nights and weekends (offshore weekends can be claimed back either as time-off in lieu or can be paid).
Other This is a staff position with an excellent remuneration package for the right candidate, including uplift and time-off in lieu for weekends worked during offshore trips.
To apply for this position, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
Apply: To apply for this position, we would like to invite interested candidates to send their CV to the following email: MTLjobs@technical-limits.com
NO AGENCIES PLEASE